Call for Submissons: September 2015 Carnival of Aces
This month I’ll once again be hosting the Carnival of Aces, a blogging carnival for writing about asexuality, aromanticism and anything else on the ace-spectrum. You can find out more about the Carnival and see previous carnivals at the masterpost on The Asexual Agenda.
The theme I’ve chosen for this month is ‘living asexuality.’ It was partially inspired by Queenie’s post on facing the future without a map, and partly by the August carnival’s theme, which was ‘ideals.’ I thought this theme might make provide a good contrast to the previous month’s focus, in that it allows people to explore what asexuality really looks and feels like in everyday life, relationships, and situations.
You are free to interpret the theme in any way that you want. Here are some of the areas I would be interested in seeing people explore, if you need a prompt:
- Do you feel like your lived experience is different because of your ace identity?
- How has asexuality impacted on the relationships you have with people in real life?
- How do your current relationships with other people match up with what your ideal relationships would be?
- On an everyday basis, what does being ace feel like to you?
- Have you faced discrimination/ignorance/erasure because you’re ace?
- Are you out or not out as ace in your school/uni/work environment? What does that mean for you?
- Does your ace identity impact on how you see your future unfolding?
You can submit any post made in the month of September, and submissions are due by the 1st October 2015. As usual, you can leave a comment with a link on this post, or email me at jo.alifeunexamined(at)gmail.com. If you would like to submit something and don’t have a blog of your own, I’m very happy to post your submission as guest post on my own blog.